Blobs and Scribbles

A journal of my art.

Name:
Location: Germany

I have only recently started to use oil pastels. I use Caran d'Ache Neopastel oil pastels, but I've already got my eye on the Senneliers as well ;-) Freue mich auf Eure Kommentare, ganz gleich ob auf Deutsch oder Englisch :-)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Oil Pastel: Lighting the Star

(click picture to enlarge)
Oil pastel and medium for oil colours on canvas board
Ölpastell und Alkydmalmittel auf Malpappe
December 2005
A very first attempt at oil pastels.
Ein allererster Versuch mit Ölpastellkreiden.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooooh! This one has such a strange, magical quality to it ... such an eerie texture.

I'm really enjoying your OPs!

2:57 PM  
Blogger Birte said...

Thanks, e-j,

developing the texture was actually big fun. For the mountains I used Liquin "Impasto" (by Winsor and Newton) which I applied with the palette knife.

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a member of the "Pastel Painters WebRing". Don't forget to visit the other sites:
Pastel Painters WebRing
Ring Owner: Shades Of Dawn Site: Shades Of Dawn
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
Powered by Blogger