Blobs and Scribbles

A journal of my art.

Name:
Location: Germany

I have only recently started to use oil pastels. I use Caran d'Ache Neopastel oil pastels, but I've already got my eye on the Senneliers as well ;-) Freue mich auf Eure Kommentare, ganz gleich ob auf Deutsch oder Englisch :-)

Friday, February 24, 2006

Oil Pastel: Swan in Morning Backlight

(click picture to enlarge)
Oil pastel on watercolour paper
Ölpastell auf Aquarellpapier
February 2006
I did this one for a project on "light and shadow".

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really achieved that soft, golden, backlit effect you were after with this one. Nice work!

2:54 PM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

Your swan is exquisite! Really beautiful piece.

Michelle

6:09 AM  
Blogger David Hinchliffe said...

Absolutely Beautiful

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo Birte - this is a beautiful painting. The light is perfect and the colours are really delightful.

10:38 PM  
Blogger Birte said...

Thanks everyone,

this painting is actually my favourite so far. I was so surprised when it was finished - it turned out much better than I had expected and I still can hardly believe that it was me who did it :-D

10:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Birte,

Thanks for your entry in my guestbook! Just browsing your site. I love your swan!
Keep up the great work.

Best wishes, Sandra

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

very nice..i like your work. you've captured it well. how's working with the liquid medium with pastels? i've been meaning to try that...

thanks for the comment yourself :)

11:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

I'm a member of the "Pastel Painters WebRing". Don't forget to visit the other sites:
Pastel Painters WebRing
Ring Owner: Shades Of Dawn Site: Shades Of Dawn
Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet Free Site Ring from Bravenet
Site Ring from Bravenet
Powered by Blogger